This is one of my favorite recipes its flavorful, healthy, spicy and easy..
1) Preheat oven to 425 c
2) Spray pam over glass cooking dish.
3) Butterfly 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (be careful not to go all the way through) places thinly sliced mozzarella on the bottom of the breast. Than set in the dish.
4) In a small bowl mix one egg, 1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs, 2 finely chopped garlic cloves and if you like one chipotle pepper finely chopped. Mix well and place over cheese.
5) Fold chicken over than drizzle with olive oil. Place in oven for 40 minutes.
As that age old saying goes “you can take the girl put of Italy but you can’t take the Italian out of the girl” . Ok not quite but what I mean is that like every Italian out there I love bread, cheese, and dried meats.
Almost all Italian food is high in calories well because it’s bread, cheese and dried meat. I love mozzarella and had found a recipe to make my own cheese.
Here it is
While the recipe turned out great, I think because I used skimmed milk instead of whole the steps took twice as long. TO used skim milk( think its called fat free in other countries) and the recipe called for 2 teaspoons of salt(I found my cheese saltier than my liking so of your going to try it I suggest using 1 teaspoon. The recipe made exactly one pound of cheese. Here’s a pic of my cheesy masterpiece!!
A lot of people who “diet” are afraid of cheese but don’t be.. Cheese does have some redeeming qualities. Such as
A very high concentration of essential amino acids including high quality proteins and calcium. Cheese is also high in phosphorous, zinc, riboflavin, and vitamin B12 and A.
Cheese is extremely high in its calcium. Did you know that cheese has a very low content of Lactose.
Cheese contains substances called Conjugated Linoleic Acid(CLA remember from a previous post… http://fitnessandhealthylivingtips.com/2012/04/05/is-a-fat-burner-right-for-you/) and Sphingolipids that help prevent cancer.
Cheese however is very calorically dense and that’s why it’s a problem for people who are trying to watch their weight. Try a Babybel Mini light.
Serving Size: 1 piece (21g)
Amount per Serving
Calories from Fat 27.0
Total Fat 3g
Saturated Fat 1.5g
- Total Carbohydrate 0g
- Dietary Fiber 0g
- Sugars 0g
- Protein 6g
- What about Cheese? (fitnessandhealthylivingtips.com)