Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup nonfat ricotta cheese, (4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar (If you want to use Stevia instead here is how)
– Take 2 packets of stevia with 1 cup of arrowroot or potato starch and process them in a food processor or mix really well.
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 ladyfingers, (about 1 3/4 ounces)
- 4 tablespoons brewed espresso, or strong coffee, divided( you can use your leftover coffee from the morning)
- 2 tablespoons bittersweet chocolate chips, melted (see Tip)
- Combine ricotta(or marscapone), sugar, vanilla and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Place 6 ladyfingers in a 9-by-5-inch (or similar size) loaf pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons espresso (or coffee). Spread the ricotta mixture over the ladyfingers. Place another layer of ladyfingers over the ricotta and drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons espresso (or coffee). Drizzle with melted chocolate. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To melt chocolate: Microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium in 20-second intervals until melted, stirring after each interval. Or place in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir until melted.
Per serving: 97 calories(if you use stevia); 2 g fat ( 1 g sat , 0 g mono ); 3 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 0 g fiber; 125 mg sodium; 29 mg potassium.