What is cellulose? And why is it in my food?
I saw an article today on yahoo.ca about scary additives in our food.
One of the major ones that is very common, and you might find on most labels in your pantry is cellulose.
Cellulose is actually wood pulp that is added to keep ingredients from clumping together and makes creamy ingredients creamier. It could be worse, it could be a chemical right?
Here are the top 10 common foods and brands that cellulose is in.
1. Kellogg’s Nutri Grain Bars.
2. All flavours of Weight Watchers ice cream bars.
3. All Fibre One products.
4. All Pillsbury ready to make rolls.
5. Most ingredients at McDonalds (why are you eating there anyways?)
6. Almost everything at Taco Bell.
7. Kraft Mac and Cheese and Kraft Bagelfuls.
7. Everything at Pizza Hut.
8. Everything at Wendy’s.
9. Dole peaches and cream parfaits.
10. Wheat thins Fibre Select.
- 8 creepy mystery ingredients in fast food (mytechnologyworld9.blogspot.com)