Check out my entry on a ginger cleanse
- thought of as a root, ginger is actually the underground stem, or rhizome, of the ginger plant.
- Used both as a culinary spice and an herbal medicine
- an effective antidote to queasiness, thanks to its content of two types of essential oils—gingerols and shogaols—thought to help quell nausea.
- activates saliva flow and digestive activity, settling stomach disturbances and aiding digestion.
- a time-honored remedy for morning sickness.
- Research has shown that ginger performs better than dimenhydrinate, the main ingredient in motion-sickness medicines like Dramamine
- Preliminary studies suggest that ginger can be useful in keeping cholesterol levels under control.
- ginger helps kill the influenza virus
- helps the immune system fight infection.
- may also lower blood pressure
- may help ease arthritis with its anti-inflammatory properties.
- In a study undertaken at the Miami Veterans Affairs Medical Center and the University of Miami, ginger extract significantly reduced pain in all 124 patients with osteoarthritis of…
View original post 105 more words