Chicken is a great protein and there are many ways to cook it. Here is a great recipe.
Boneless skinless chicken breasts (I usually cook a weeks worth)
Sea-Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon freshly chopped herbs (optional)
10-inch sauté pan with lid
1. Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness with the handle or flat of a knife.
2. Lightly salt and pepper the chicken breasts.
3. Chop the herbs finely, if using, and mix in as well.
4. Brush the chicken breast with Mustard, mustard and honey or a sugar/salt free bbq sauce.
5. Heat the sauté pan over medium-high heat. When it is quite hot, add the olive oil let it melt, and swirl the pan.
6. Turn the heat to medium. Add the chicken breasts. Cook for just about 1 minute to help them get a little golden on one side (you are not actually searing or browning them). Then flip each chicken breast over. This is where you season the other side.
7. Turn the heat to low. Put the lid on the pan. Set a timer for 10 minutes, and walk away. Do not lift the lid; do not peek. Need the steam.
8. After 10 minutes have elapsed, turn off the heat. Reset the timer for 10 minutes and leave the chicken breasts in the pan. Again, do not lift the lid; do not peek.
9. After the 10 minutes are up, take the lid off. Doublecheck them to make sure there is no pink in the middle.
10. I usually slice and store them in different ways. i will keep some whole, I will take 2 days worth and make into the correct portion(around 5 ozs). The rest I cut them into strips and store.